Monday, March 28, 2011

It never ends

Let's face it: life is crazy. I mean, I know that sometimes my schedule is hectic (and that some of it is self-inflicted cough*renos*cough) but throw a move into the mix, and my brain goes haywire. That's right - my hubby got a new (and exciting!) job and we're moving! I've worked so hard on our house and now we get to sell it and move far, far away. Well, only 7 hours away (and not anywhere warmer...whose idea was that?)

Also, in a fit of temporary insanity, I've decided that now is a good time to also query agents. I know, you're probably thinking "what's wrong with her" or something along those lines. Or maybe you're not thinking anything. I guess I don't really know. Do I need to mention that I'm not a mind reader? Because I'm not, in case you were all "Get out of my head!!" and wondering if I was...

Ahem. The point is (sort of), that I do much better under pressure. I'm like a piston that ignites at the height of the cycle and fires on a spark. Or something like that. (Hey, it's been a long time since grade 10 motor mechanics...). It's late and I'm a wee bit over-tired, so just think of something that does better under pressure and pretend that's me.

So, anyway - that's why I decided that now is as good a time as any. Because I've come to the conclusion that in all my crazy-busy life, it's never a really good time. You just have to take the bull by the horns and, well, I don't know what, but sometimes you need to go for it because otherwise there is never a good time to do it. Plus, I just plain do better when I have more to do. And I like it. At times I wish I could be more steady, but I have a theory that I'm just super competitive with myself and so I let things pile up because I like to see how much I can get done at once. (Okay, so I didn't say it was a good theory...)

All right, I'm pretty much just rambling incoherently, so that's my cue to get to bed., but I just want to encourage you to take that leap with whatever you're doing. There's no time like the present. Who's with me?

Besos!

3 comments:

Michelle Teacress said...

So are you staying in Canada this time?

Medeia Sharif said...

Good luck with the moving and the querying!

ali said...

I am the same way! Bring on the pressure! I do my best work, then. :)

Godo luck Tracy!