Monday, March 14, 2011

16 years

Can we really have gotten engaged that long ago? It hardly seems possible and it always amazes me how quickly the time passes. Our oldest will be getting a learner's permit in just a few months! How can this be??? I honestly don't feel much differently than I did when we got engaged. Sure, I'm a little older and (hopefully) wiser, but still! Where in the world does the time go?

I thought it might be fun to list some of the things we've experienced in the last 16 years. In that length of time, we have:
  • been pregnant a lot (5 living children, one stillborn and 3 miscarriages)
  • laughed, loved, cried together far more often than I thought possible (much of which is not completely unrelated to being pregnant a lot, haha)
  • completed 3 degrees (his, but mine by proxy)
  • had 4 different hair colours (me, not him: blonde, black, red, brown)
  • lost lots of hair (him, not me thankfully)
  • lived in 4 cities
  • lived in 7 houses (including the 5 months at my parents' while job hunting after grad school)
  • had 2 cats
  • been through 6 vehicles and 2 car accidents
  • lived in Texas
  • survived two cross-border moves (to and from TX) - barely...oh the stress!!!
  • gone to Disneyland (with kids)
  • gone to Mexico (without kids)
  • bought 2 sets of wedding rings
After my last post, I thought you might like to see pics of the new rings we picked out. :o) Happy Monday, everyone!

Besos!

The new rings....hers....
....and his!

6 comments:

Hannah Kincade said...

Congratulations!! Those rings are gorgeous. Here's to 16 more!

Trisha Leaver said...

Congrats. You two have accomplished a lot together over the past 16 years. Here's to 16 more years!

Karen Amanda Hooper said...

Wow! What a list. CONGRATS to both of you and Happy Anniversary! :)

Alice Wills Gold said...

I totally believe in degrees by proxy. I am sportin the equivalent of a PHD over here.

ali said...

The rings are beautiful, the list, wonderful. Happy Anniversary!

Michelle Teacress said...

New rings? What a lovely gift to celebrate that many years together - congratulations! (My anniversary is in March - we just reached 19 years)