Monday, February 14, 2011

Unromantic Valentine

My husband is the sweet, romantic, emotional one out of the two of us, and is consistently baffled by my lack of desire to receive chocolate and flowers, especially on Valentine's Day. And it's not so much that I'm not romantic, but that I get so much more out of the practical aspect of how he shows his love for me.

While I love going out for our weekly dates, and enjoy when we can get away together for a little vacation, it's all the little things that truly make me swoon. He is thoughtful and attentive, helps around the house, takes the kids where they need to go, and works hard to provide for us. He is a wonderful husband and a great dad, and I love him more every day because of the day-to-day displays of love and affection. In my eyes, this is true romance.

So, if you see my husband picking up a jug of milk without a side of flowers on Valentine's Day, just know that he's doing exactly what I would want my man to do...and that I'm the luckiest woman in the world because of it.

Besos!

P.S. Happy Valentine's Day! May you all get the kind of love you desire...even if it's in the form of a jug of milk. :o)

1 comment:

Jen Daiker said...

Well minus the goodies that most woman love to receive I hope you enjoyed your Valentine's Day!!

Mine was fabulous without any gifts as well!! However we had celebrated the next weekend enjoying a night out on the town and a bonus I'd received from work! We too are untraditional!