Monday, November 15, 2010

Revelation and randomness

Don't worry, it's not the biblical kind of revelation. Or maybe you were looking for an amazing doctrinal revelation and you found my blog post instead. Sorry about that. (So as not to disappoint, I will say that I believe in personal revelation. I know God is real (no matter what you call him) and I've had answers to many prayers. Not just the ethereal-maybe-my-stomach-growled-and-that-means-something life-changing sort of thing, but concrete I-know-the-answer-to-something-I-didn't-know-before kind of thing. But I digress...)

I was just excited to realize that I've found my groove as a once a week blogger! I know what you're thinking...I'm so ambitious to blog a whole once a week. ;-) What can I say? I do what I can, hehe. Actually, I just have so much going on, and if I spend too much time on here I tend to lose hours at a time. The downside of the weekly blogging is that I miss out on a lot of what's going on with my bloggy friends because I'm not checking my google reader very often. I sure try to get around to everybody, but I will admit that I find it difficult. Many times, I'll give a quick read without commenting (which I hate to do, because I know how fun it is to get comments).

How do you other bloggers find the balance? Any suggestions?

On a completely unrelated note...it was my birthday last week, and I got a Kindle!!!! It was an awesome birthday surprise from my hubby and my folks (well, my mom likely told dad about it...). I cried when I got it, because I was overtired I'm a sucky-boo and that's how I roll.

In other news, I read my first (paid-for) book on my Kindle last night, and I was disappointed with the book but grateful I only spent $2.50 to download it (ebooks on sale RULE!). I had considered ordering the actual book because the cover is gorgeous (anyone else a sucker for a pretty cover?) and the story had an interesting premise, but it was really slow to start and it ended up being only meh.

Also, did you know that I can get the complete works of William Shakespeare for less than three bucks?? My husband asked why I would want it, but I love some of his plays and sonnets. And hello. Three. Dollars. Need I say more? I'm a sucker for a good deal.

Of course, there are a ton of out of copyright books that you can download for free as well. Which I've done. Hurray for free Jane Austen! I also got this cool book of Scottish Proverbs. You never know when that might come in handy. Like when I'm writing a novel with Scottish stuff in it. Which I will. One of these days. But not until I'm well-established so I can write off a trip to Scotland as research. *gleefully rubs hands together* My plan is all coming together, thanks to the Kindle...

Besos!

6 comments:

Jess said...

Congrats on finding your groove as a weekly blogger--I'm a two-per-week girl, and sometimes I think about cutting back.

The Kindle sounds awesome, and you just gave me the strange urge to go look up some Scottish proverbs :)

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I am super-duper-jealous, Tracy! I am dying for a Kindle or a Nook. I want on soooo badly! You'll have to keep us posted about how you're enjoying it. :-)

Lisa Potts said...

I've heard great things about the Kindle. I recently won an iPad and love it, although nothing really takes the place of a good old-fashioned paperback for me.

MT said...

"Oh yeah. It's all comin' together." What movie is that from? Happy Birthday you lucky Kindle owner. :)

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

I understand. Life can be hectic. I'm thinking of cutting back on blogging as well.

Oh, a Kindle! Envy going on here, but I'm putting it on my list to Santa.

Enjoy your present. :)

Rebecca said...

Happy belated birthday! It's funny I am playing around with a blog-post-per-day in November and having fun with it. It's nice to put some realism in there and not wait until something momentous happens that I want to blog about. But the once a week thing sounds great--I like the idea of it being scheduled so as not to get lost-in-time online. When I read other blogs that post every day I feel like they are sometimes "forced" ya know what I mean?

On another note, I LOVED "The Book Thief"! I read it a few months back and just recently got my own copy. I don't think I've ever cried so much reading any other book--I typically don't like books that make me cry, but I couldn't stop the tears. A great read!