Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Thing I can get done when I stay off the computer*

1. Laundry (including putting it away)
2. Organize my laundry room (somewhat)
3. Put away suitcases (finally)
4. Clean the kitchen (mostly)
5. Clean that mountain of stuff off my dresser (where'd all that come from anyway??)
6. Make the bed (I don't know why I feel I deserve a pat on the back for that, but hey, credit where credit is due, right?)
7. Sort through the two baskets + 1 miscellaneous pile of clothes at the end of my bed (good thing my room is so big...)
8. Exercise (which I mostly don't mind, except that it takes up energy, hehe)
9. Actually have dinner planned (no defrosting meat at the last second - I know, I amaze myself)

As you can see, it's not that big of a list, but I'm a slow worker (quit laughing, Mom), especially when organizing is involved. I'm a perfectionist, and until I can figure out exactly where I want to put something, I just leave it alone. This sometimes *coughalwayscough* leads to little piles of stuff everywhere, which drives my husband crazy. I'm (very) slowly getting better. I've actually been able to overcome this tendency in my writing, so maybe there's hope for me in real life too. (I've discovered the joy of writing scenes that will come later, and then writing the stuff in between afterwards.)

So, er, I guess I'd better get back at it, because some of that stuff still needs to get finished...

Besos!


*Yes, I realize that I am, in fact, on the computer typing this right now. BUT - I wasn't before. :o)

7 comments:

Tara Maya said...

What is this thing you call "off the computer"? Is such a thing possible?

KarenG said...

I have a list like this too. Mine was out of commission for about 2 hours this morning. Almost finished cleaning out my files, then I got it back. Files now laying all over the study floor.

Laura said...

I'm with you! I have started recurring appointments in my 'Remember the Milk'(http://www.rememberthemilk.com)list. Things like 'declutter back corner of bedroom' and 'one load of laundry' - I'll see how that works. And, one of these days I'll get back into the FLYLady (http://www.flylady.net/)swing of things. It worked once, I'm sure it can work again. The whole getting off the computer, and TV, might work too!

Aubrie said...

You should make a list of all the things you can do on the computer!

Who needs laundry? *angry husband in the backgroud*

Trisha Leaver said...

Reminds me of all the things I should be doing right now LOL! Guess I neet to turn off the computer and attempt to tackle the mountain of laundy stacked up in the bathroom. Then again, maybe not!

MT said...

Do you remember life without computers? I do. Does that mean I'm old?
Hey, we can just say we're making up for lost time. ;) Kidding! Actually, I sort of wish I could write my wip without my computer. Maybe I should!

Jennie Bailey said...

I drive my husband crazy with my piles as well! I'm like you, though, if I don't have a place to put it yet, I don't move it. There is nothing worse than losing or misplacing something. I don't have the worry if it is in the pile because it doesn't have a place yet.

And you should totally get pats on the back for making the bed! We did as kids so why can't we as adults?