Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I haz mad writing skilz

Or at least I think I've still got some skills in there! It's been so long since I've made any major headway, that I'm starting to wonder. Never fear - I'll be a reclusive writing fool for the next week, because....

I've got a huge week ahead of me with almost seven (count 'em, SEVEN!) child-free days to work on whatever I want! Hubby will be attending a conference, and the kidlets will be at my mom's (love you mom!), so I'm super stoked* to have some time all to myself. This school year has been tough for getting much done on my projects, so this is my opportunity to git'er done.

Truthfully, I've been literally itching to write for longer than fifteen minute stretches. I'm pretty good at that (out of necessity, mostly), but it'll be wonderful to focus on one thing (without distractions!) for a long period of time. It's sort of like when I go to the gym, and there are just some days where I need to get on the treadmill and stretch my legs with a nice, long run. You know what I mean? Maybe I shouldn't have used the running analogy...

The plan is to finish the middle grade novel that the boys have been pining for, but I also hope to revise a good bit of last year's queried-but-not-quite-high-concept-enough novel. (I don't want to get too ambitious though, because then I'll probably just scare away all of my creative energy.) I've finally got a way to fix it up all purty, and I'm dying to see if I can make it work because I absolutely love the story and want to see it published!

So, be forewarned: I may not be on here much** while I'm in the "zone". Wish me luck!

Besos!

*Yeah, I can't believe I used that word either...
**I know, you're thinking that I'm not on here much anyway, but whatever, just go with it, k?

2 comments:

Aubrie said...

Congrats on all your free time and good luck!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

GOOD LUCK!! You go, girl! :-)