Sunday, May 30, 2010

Greetings

Just coming up for air to say hello. I've got super slow and sporadic internet right now, so I've not been able to check out blogs or anything! This is good though, because I've been able to read 5 novels in the last 3 days - something I've not had time to do in for.e.ver.- and I've been able to touch up a couple of my own projects.

I'm going to be climbing into my writing cave tomorrow and I'm not coming out until my middle grade novel is finished. It has to be done by Friday when I see the kids again, or I'm in big trouble. Fortunately, the kids don't care if it's unpolished, so they'll get to read it next weekend. That's the great thing about kids: as long as they can laugh and feel the conflict is resolved, they're happy. (And that's why it doesn't matter how much your kids love your work, and why you need some impartial feedback, hehe.) I'm already looking forward to doing the edits on this one, and (barring any major rewrites) I should be ready to query by the end of June as planned. Hurray! I love checking my email eight thousand times a day...

Anywho, I just wanted to say a quick hello, and let you know I'm thinking about y'all and that (terminator voice) I'll be back.

Besos

5 comments:

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

Good for you. Have fun!

Terresa said...

Happy writing! Get to it, girl. :)

Aubrie said...

Wow, that's a lot of reading! When I read it improves my own writing.

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

MT said...

Holy cow, 5 novels, plus a WIP that's almost ready to query. You've been working! Good luck. :)