Monday, March 1, 2010

The travellin' blues

I'm still trying to get my feet back under me after our big trip to the U.S. We were on the go for almost two weeks, spending 5 days in Utah for my brother-in-law's wedding, and then drove on to California for our first ever big family trip to Disneyland. We spent over 60 hours in our minivan! The kids actually did pretty well, except for #5, who thought he should lean on #4 the whole time. Once we got him out of the back and stuck him in his own bucket seat, everything was quiet. :)

We got back in the wee small hours of last Tuesday morning, which means I didn't get moving until much later that day. I will admit that I was pretty much forced to get moving, because we were right back into piano lessons and coaching soccer. I would've gladly continued sleeping for a few days.

With the kids finally gone to school on Wednesday (except #1, our homeschooler) I was able to get some laundry done and unpacked a couple of suitcases (okay, so they were the ones with the dirty clothes in them, but that still counts as unpacking, right??). Wednesday after work, my poor hubby was back in the car for an overnight trip out of town for meetings, and at the end of the week, I had to take #1 to an honour band thing in a different city, and today I'm on the road one last time for a funeral* in a neighbouring province!

Can I just say that I. AM. TIRED. What a zoo! I mean, life is usually pretty busy around here, but this is much crazier than usual.

I feel kind of bad, because I haven't been able to do much reading or commenting on others' blogs, but I just haven't had time. I'm so out of the loop, and I have no idea what everyone's been up to, but I'll be back at it eventually!

Besos!
*Okay, so going to the funeral of my best friend's mother is very sad, but I get to see him and his wife - two of my oldest and best friends - which only happens once in a blue moon, so I'm so excited in spite of the tragic circumstances.

7 comments:

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Tracy, I often think that we need a vacation to recoop (sp?) from our vacations. May life get back to normal soon for you!

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Welcome home!

Natalie said...

That sounds crazy! We've done 40 hour car rides with 3 kids--and they were nuts-- but I can't imagine doing it with 5! You are a brave, brave girl.

Terresa said...

Just reading about your trip makes me tired. But a bit jealous. We're due for a Disneyland trip. Did you guys enjoy it?

PS: I have a writing contest on my blog right now, runs through 3/14. Stop by & submit an entry if you like!!

Fiauna said...

Well welcome home. 60 hours in a minivan with kids should earn you some sort of merit badge.

Tracy said...

Thanks all, I'm slowly getting back into things. Where's a chores and errands fairy when you need one??

All good things said...

My friend,
I loved having you there. Thanks!
Miss you! B