Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Upcoming 10K days

The RSVP page is up here for the 10K days. They're on the 14th and the 23rd of this month. It's free to sign up, and great motivation for focussing on writing for a whole day or two (or in between feeding children, etc.). Don't be scared off by trying to write that many words in one day. It's just a nice way to give yourself permission to write. I have yet to be able to dedicate an entire day, but I try, and it's always very productive. Also, it's a nice little community of writers. Thanks, Milli, for hosting these days!

Well, I must say that posting about a 10K day is much more exciting than grumping over my kids' mean bus driver. Um, which I'm going to do anyway because it's cathartic (go with it, k?) . She drove away with only 1 child, while leaving the other 2 watching it leave from right across the street. (We only live 3 houses down and across one street from the stop. She can even see them coming because she drives toward them before turning and stopping at the corner.) The one that made the bus was almost in tears at school because he told her to wait, and she refused.

This isn't the first time she's been early and they've missed it. It takes a lot to get me riled up, but I was so angry. I called and complained, of course, but it took me a while to feel good this morning. Fortunately, I hit the gym right afterward and got rid of some of that aggression. Unfortunately, on the way home from the gym some guy cut me off to pull into the mall parking lot, and then started making gestures at me like I was using a cell phone (illegal while driving, of course). I was actually resting my hand on my cheek while driving. Even if I had been on the phone (I don't even own a cell phone), that was no excuse to cut me off. If he had slowed down, there was nobody behind me for a block, and he could've easily changed lanes safely. We don't have a whole lot of traffic in my little city.

So, I'm very happy that the morning is over and done. I look forward to a fabulous rest of the day! :) (Here's hoping that kid (who doesn't always listen) on my son's soccer team doesn't accidentally trip me again tonight. Both of my knees are bruised from last week...)

Besos!

1 comment:

MeganRebekah said...

I haven't done a 10k day in months. This is probably a good time to jump back in it! Thanks for the reminder.