Monday, January 25, 2010

Can't type - now what??

We just had a blizzard hit this weekend in which we went from 2 inches to 3 feet of snow, drifting to 6 feet in some places.

My poor husband had been out clearing our driveway for over an hour by the time I joined him.  I don't mind going out to shovel (most of the time), but I just spent the last 90 minutes chipping ice and snow - and I can barely move my hands!

You would not believe how many of the wrong keys have been pressed while trying to access my blog and type this little entry. It's pretty comical. I feel like I'm typing with sausages instead of fingers.

I had a wonderfully insightful, life-changing post planned and everything, but it's just going to have to wait. (Okay, so I didn't really have anything planned, but it sounds good, doesn't it?) I'm off to grab some hot chocolate and maybe slather on some salve to get mobility back in my forearms.

Happy Snow Day!

Check out the snow drift by our back fence!

11 comments:

Aubrie said...

I get a lot of snow in NH as well...the snow days are great but the shoveling isn't!

Elana Johnson said...

Man, I hate the snow. At least we have people who shovel for us. I wish it were spring already!

Jen said...

I'm so glad my husband and I moved to Houston away from all the Iowa snow... the shoveling was simply awful... though there isn't a real christmas without snow!

Happy Snow Day!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

It's so beautiful, isn't it? I love fresh snowfall. It gets ugly real quick, I know, but it's so beautiful when it falls and for a short while afterward. :-)

Natalie said...

I hate that feeling! I hope you got warmed up!

Fiauna said...

Okay. I'm going to say it. I don't like snow. I've tried to change my attitude, but I just can't join in the snow love. So I have to say that I'm sorry you got hit so hard with all the snow.

Tracy said...

Fiauna, you make me laugh! Snow is nice to look at from inside your house, but that's about it (that's what makes it a fun snow day - not having to go out, hehe). The driving is dangerous, shovelling is tiring (ohhh, my poor hands are soooo sore!), and the cold is bitter. However, if I lived anywhere warmer, I'd just have a heat rash for most of the year. Sad, but true. I'll just have to appreciate what little beauty there is...okay, I'm done. :)

Elise Murphy said...

We love snow around here because when it hits the entire world SHUTS DOWN. No school. Roads closed. Warning: Do not leave your home. It's pure comedy. But then we get to stay in, drink cocoa, read, play games.

We have no idea what real snow is.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Hi, Tracy! I just read your comment on my Thursday post and came to send happy thoughts your way. Enjoy your time at the spa. I hope next week is a better one for you. :-)

Terresa said...

That's some serious snow! Want to trade some of it for some of our sunshine? :)

Hope your writing is coming along well and that your sausage fingers de-ice!

xoxoxo

Tracy said...

Elise, that would be great if everything shut down! We kept the kids home from school even though it wasn't cancelled. They thought it was great, but the teachers weren't so happy about having to be there without many students.

Shannon - thanks. Happy thoughts are always welcome!

Terresa - I would gladly trade you some of that sunshine. If only! And the writing hasn't been happening this week. My hands have been so sore that I've had trouble opening doors and jars! It's sick! I'm never chipping the ice out of our driveway ever again. Seriously.