Thursday, November 26, 2009

Joy project

I know that sounds lame, but it's only the working title of my latest work which was inspired by last week's moment of clarity. I do have a real title in mind, but we're in the early stages of courtship and I want to make sure it's the real deal before making introductions.

Hmm, somebody needs more sleep....

Ahem.

Anywho, I love having this new perspective on things. It's really given me a lot to think about, and I'm already excited to see the finished product. I will be working on some of my other stuff as well, so I can (hopefully) finish up several things at once. Ideally, I'll edit and polish this fire-in-my-belly book to send out to agents, and then edit the others while I'm waiting for responses. I want next year to be a great one!

I do plan on putting up a progress meter for everything I've got going on in case people (hi mom!) are curious about what's up. Mind you, I've also been planning on hanging pictures in my house *cough*since last year*cough*, washing the kitchen floor, steam cleaning the carpets, and giving the bathrooms a thorough cleaning...Just sayin'.

Besos!

P.S. I hope all of my U.S. friends were able to have a lovely Thanksgiving holiday.

12 comments:

Sinthalunda said...

I would like to have the progress meter too. Its a nice piece.

Aubrie said...

I'm always interested in following the success of other authors. Please do keep us up to date!

Sliding on the Edge said...

I love the idea of a progress meter. I only have this wrinkled piece of paper with little check marks next to items like "clean the bathroom." But, wait! Does that give me a leg up on Tracy who only has this fabulous new book in progress? :D

Terresa said...

I've been toying around with tossing a progress meter up on my blog, too.

Are those things free? (I guess I should stop blog surfing & just Google them, hmm?

Happy post-Thanksgiving!!

Erin said...

Progress meter sounds interesting ... but no pressure! There are so many demands on one's time, but I think your book(s) definitely take priority over steam cleaning!

Tracy said...

Lee- you've definitely got one up on me if you've got any kind of tangible list going on!

Terresa- I haven't even checked it out myself yet, but I think they're free.

Erin- I certainly appreciate that sentiment, and my lazy self is inclined to agree. Perhaps I ought to be satisfied that it gets vaccuumed once in a while :)

Natalie said...

I am so envious that you have other work to revise while you send the first out!!! I'm still working on a first draft and longing for revision :)

Fiauna said...

Sounds like you've got it all under control. Where can I get some of your drive? I need to find the ambition to work harder.

Suzette Saxton said...

"Joy." So simple. I love it!

Stephanie Faris said...

I like that title! My current work is titled "Work in Progress," if that tells you anything! It bugs me because it sounds like a working title but it really is the best title for this manuscript. I just fear publishers will think I'm too lazy to title it properly and won't get it.

E and H said...

I really hope next year is the year for you and you get your book deal.

Bethany Wiggins said...

I have a really hard time with titles. Joy Project sounds good to me!