Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Dear Evil Body Clock;

I really didn't appreciate being kept up until 3 last night. And what was up with the twitchy legs? That was a surprise, and something generally reserved for late pregnancy (a state I've not had the pleasure of enduring for almost 7 years). I know you may not care that I really don't have time for a nap today, or that being this tired usually triggers a migraine that lasts for days, but could you cut me a little slack?

You knew I was dead tired. You knew I had to get up with the kids this morning to get them off to school, and you knew that I like to give them a pleasant start to their day (which is generally oh so much easier to do on a full night's rest). I even went to bed at a decent hour so I could wake up refreshed and non-hag like.

But no, now I have to face a very long day culminating in several piano lessons, 2 soccer games, and 3 other children's activities. And did you forget that I'm still homeschooling #1 and require a few operational brain cells to do so?

Also, while we're on the subject of cerebral activity, I know it may not take much brain power to tackle this mountain of laundry, but I would appreciate having enough neural synapses to be able to remember whether or not I put in the detergent.

Now if you don't mind, I'm going to get some stuff together that #1 can do without the aid of her zombie mother.

Sincerely,
Tracy

P.S. Never mind about the whole laundry thing. The power just went out, so I can't do it anyway. I had to steal someone's wireless just to post this entry (why is their power working???). You've turned me into a thief! I hope you're happy.

6 comments:

Erin said...

You are entitled to a little energy! Impossible to mother without it. I think that laundry is a soul-sucking activity that drains the energy we do have.

:)

Terresa said...

I'm at a dead stop at the mountains of laundry. (groan!) I'd be willing to trade some cerebral activity in for a candy bar. What do you say? :)

Tracy said...

Hmm, chocolate bar vs. brain activity...I may have already done that trade :) but I'm not opposed to a repeat performance!

Erin, I like to think that I'm entitled to a little energy, but for some reason my body refuses to cooperate :)

Bethany Wiggins said...

Why is it the laundry that is always the last to get done? It's not until my daughter runs out of clean socks that I finally give in to the mountain of laundry and immerse myself in folding for two days.

Stephanie said...

Been there, done that!!! Sometimes I get headaches and the only cure is an Excedrin...and for some odd reason, the caffeine in them has a crazy effect on me!! I once took one at like 4 in the afternoon...I didn't fall asleep till about 5 am.

Needless to say, I got some great writing done. I was pretty dead to the world the next day....but at least my awake time was productive :)

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Oh, dear, this sounds like a bad day. My black lab hogged the bed last night causing me have a difficult sleep, but not near as bad as yours by the sound of it.
I hope tonight goes better for you and that your power comes back on.