Monday, October 19, 2009

Slow progress is better than no progress

This is me trying to remind myself that writing a novel is a marathon, and not a hundred yard dash. I get impatient with myself, thinking that I should be able to do more, write more, edit more...be more.

The truth is, I've got a pretty full life with a lot of responsibilities, and it just doesn't do me any good to dwell on the things that I can't do (or can't do fast enough). Sadly, that knowledge still doesn't stop me from trying.

I annoy myself sometimes.

Besos!

3 comments:

Patti said...

It's definitely hard to do it all.

Terresa said...

I annoy myself, too, more than I should. :P

Flipping my mind over to see what I've accomplished and not what I **haven't** is a continual chore, both as a writer and a mom, woman and wife.

But when I do acknowledge my progress, I end up feeling grateful and happier. It just takes me awhile to get there sometimes.

Stephen Tremp said...

Took me two years to write my first book, including editing and proof reading. And I thought it would take 6-8 months. LOL! Just keep plugging away. That's all you can do sometimes.

Stephen Tremp