Monday, September 21, 2009

So much to do, so little time...

To write, that is. And yet here I sit blogging about it...

I only have a couple of minutes before I have to drag my tired backside to bed*, so that's how I justify it. Not that this is any less difficult than working on my story. Um, yeah, so that's a pretty obvious lie, but whatever, I'm tired.

In any case, there's another 10K day on Saturday. I've been looking forward to it all month, and I plan on hiding out in my bedroom as soon as I've got the kids (and their father) out of my hair. No phone calls, no laundry, dishes or cleaning (er, not that there was much danger of that happening in the first place...). Just me, my computer and my story until bedtime. And I'm so excited!

This month has been even busier than usual, and slightly more stressful what with all the administrative junk I've had to deal with for homeschooling. I haven't really had much of an outlet - but Saturday is all MINE (or as close as it's going to get). I did participate in the last 10K day on Thursday, but it wasn't as productive as it should've been thanks to a noon pick-up from school for sickly #3 and a last minute mid-day piano lesson rescheduling for #1.

Oh well, sometimes you've got to just roll with it, right? That's just one of the many reasons why writing is the perfect fit for me. It's got that built in flexibility. Love it!

And now if you don't mind, I'm off to flex some of those sleeping muscles.

Besos!

*I should be zonked out in 15 minutes tops, thanks to a wonderful sleep aid :)

2 comments:

MommyJ said...

Hope you had a good night's sleep. :) And that saturday happens just as you expect.

Jm Diaz said...

I feel the struggle for time. I get it, really... only when the house is quiet at night, the eveel, heathen, attention sponges (aka wonderful children) are in bed, can I even attempt to sit down and write.
I do sometimes steal away to starbucks to get some work done. Ah, the advantage of divorce, I guess... drop off the kids at their mother's house.

Good luck on your writing.. whats the 10k day? Is that like prep for the NaNo.