Saturday, July 4, 2009

Holidays

Don't you love summer holidays? No more rushing the kids out the door in the morning (mornings are bad enough without having to get everyone going), no more running out of juice boxes for lunches, no more searching for assignments, backpacks and notes to sign.

Can you see the big smile that's made its way across my face? It's there, trust me!

I love the breezy, go-with-the-flow summer days. I love sleeping in. I love sticky popsicle and freezie messes on the back deck. I adore sunscreen scented kisses and squeals of laughter that accompany the water fights in the back yard.

We're having to wait a bit for the major unscheduling to begin - the kids' official last day was only 4 days ago, but we've already attended a cousin's wedding out of town, had family come to stay for a few days, and next week we'll be at a family reunion. It's all been fun so far, and there will be more fun to come, but I mostly look forward to days vegging out at the park.

As an added bonus, I tend to do some of my best writing with a pen and notebook, so I'll look forward to completing this manuscript in between trips through the sprinklers at the spray park. Could life be any better?

Besos!

2 comments:

Fiauna said...

Sounds good to me!

Terresa said...

I do some of my best writing with my handy old spiral notebooks, too. Although my new Macbook Pro is pretty darned sweet, too.

My kids have 1 more day of school left (they are in year-round school here)...and I'm the Little Engine that Could telling myself, "I think I can, I think I can." One more day until I can sleep in for 1 1/2 months! Hurrah!