Friday, June 26, 2009

A Very Good Point

Thanks for mentioning that people might look in the closets. Of course they will. Even I've been known to do that on occasion. I shall only put things under the bed. If they look under there, well, it's their own fault. They're too snoopy and I don't want them to buy my house anyway. I simply cannot be held accountable for other people sticking their noses where they don't belong.

And for something completely off topic...

So, I have an email account that I only use for querying/corresponding with agents. Do you want to know how I check my email these days? Well, I'm going to tell you anyway.

I log in, then cover my eyes, and peek through the cracks in my fingers to see if I have any messages. If I do, I click on it and start to read from the bottom up. For some reason, it makes it easier. Plus, it's more fun. I've received a couple of query rejections from fantastic agents that I knew were borderline for the genre of my current novel, but thought it couldn't hurt to try. Peeking at the email softens the blow. Extremely useful tactic.

Covering my eyes is also how I watch scary parts of movies. Except that I also plug my ears at the same time. My husband laughs, but it works great. I don't like to be scared. My imagination runs wild.

Besos!

4 comments:

Terresa said...

Reading your last 2 sentences...I think we could be Siamese twins in an alternate universe.

Imaginations running wild is perfect stuff for writers to be blessed with, right? Just don't type with your eyes and ears covered.

Tracy said...

A good imagination is definitely a bonus when you're trying to write. Thankfully, I have no desire to be the next Stephen King, so I shouldn't have any need to attempt the blind/deaf typing!

Fiauna said...

At least you get the rejection email. Some agents I've queried just don't respond. Then you're left wondering, hmmm ...

Lazy Writer said...

Yeah, I've been there. I've received a rejection or two. I scan to get to the point. Sometimes I think it would be easier if they just put "NO" in the subject line! I love the song playing right now on your blog.