Monday, May 11, 2009

I now interrupt regularly scheduled programming...

...to brag about my awesome family! Cheezy, I know, but I seriously have the greatest kids (they must get it from their dad). Yesterday I got breakfast in bed; o.j. and eggos with jam, cut into hearts -my 8yr. old's idea (she was so excited). Then I got to open everyone's cards and gifts. Is there anything better than a heartfelt, homemade card? I think not. Hubby didn't make a card, but he got me a gift certificate to a spa...oooh, that massage and facial are calling my name! I told him I didn't need anything, but it was a lovely surprise and I'll definitely take it. At church, all the children sang a beautiful song as a tribute to mothers, and my 9yr. old accompanied on the piano. He doesn't read music, so he spent the last 3 weeks memorizing it and did a fantastic job. He was so worried he wouldn't be able to do it, but the kid has got a real gift for music. It was great. To top things off, all 5 of my munchkins were super quiet when I laid down for a nap, and hubby did all the dishes and made supper. All I had to do was wake up and eat! Talk about spoiled.

So, I've had my day, and now it's back to work. We're in the process of selling our house, so I've got to get the house cleaned for the realtor open house tomorrow (boo, cleaning sucks). We were originally trying to sell the house ourselves, but we put an offer in on another place and we had to list with a realtor. Oh well. At least our realtor is giving us a break on the commission.

On the story front, I got an amazing revelation about my current WIP, and I'm so excited to get far enough into the story to work everything into it. Fun stuff!

Besos!

3 comments:

Fiauna said...

A fellow writer stopping by from Mormon Mommy Blogs. It sounds like you had a mighty fine Mother's Day!

I also love it when the revelation for a WIP comes and you just can't stop writing. Too bad that hasn't happened to me for a while.

Terresa said...

Good luck on your WIP. I, too, am another visitor (and writer, ahem, well, an aspiring one anyhow) from Mormon Mommy blogs. Which reminds me, I'd better stop blog surfing and get back to my own WIP. ;) Cheers!

http://thechocolatechipwaffle.blogspot.com/

Tracy said...

Thanks for stopping by to say hello!