Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The waiting game

Thanks for the well-wishes. Honestly, my heart is full to bursting with gratitude for this opportunity. I'm woman enough to admit that I shed a few tears yesterday (and maybe this morning, but I'm going to blame those on lack of sleep - I think I slept all of two hours last night.) I know, I'm an excitable sap, but my theory is that if I get it all out of my system now, I'll be completely composed when someone actually takes me on. Let's just go with that, shall we?

I got an email this morning saying that my submission was received, and that they're really backed up so it could take a couple of months before getting a response. My husband still doesn't understand that there's a whole bunch of waiting around in this line of work, and was all "Oh, that's too bad. You must be so disappointed." He was pretty surprised when I told him that it made me feel better to have a time frame. I mean, for one thing it's nice to know when I'll hear back, and for another, I'm hoping to complete a new manuscript so I can have another sample of my work, and this has given me a goal to work toward. I've always *worked best under pressure, and besides, I need something to keep my mind off the fact that my top choice for an agent has some of my pages.

What more could a girl ask for? (I mean, other than "the phone call" from said agent, and someone to clean the house.)

Besos :)

*definitely not looked best under pressure

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Wishing you lots of luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes!!