Monday, April 13, 2009

It's Official (no I don't have an agent - yet)

I'm on to the next project! I must admit, I was kind of at a loss for the past week. After toiling over the same story since last spring*, it's bizarre to switch gears, and to have to get to know new characters all over again. Maybe that's normal? Anyhoo, I'm back at it, and my poor husband is back to being greeted with blank stares as I daydream about new characters in alternate realities. He's going to deserve something extra special once I get published. I guess I've got a bit of time to think up a worthy reward for putting up with me and for buying me a laptop so I didn't have to share with the kids. I know for a fact that he's wondered (more than once) what he's gotten himself into.

So here's to the new project, to husbands that rock, kids who rule, and stories that need to be told.

Besos!

*Okay, so I didn't work on the story that whole time. We actually moved and did a bunch of renovations last summer, so except for sneaking a in a little writing here and there, it was mostly on hold. By the time I got done with renos, settled into the new school year and knew where everything was, it was already October. Yes, I am a little slow. It's all right, I can admit it :) And then I had to take a big break before Christmas to prepare for my husband's family to come visit, during which time I got into a car accident (me on ice vs. tree -> the tree won, in case you're wondering...$16k damage to the car...). So, I really haven't spent that long writing this thing. It just feels like it because it's been on my mind the whole time :)

No comments: