Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Rough Start

*Warning, this post is not for the squeamish!

Our house was hit by a nasty flu bug just after New Year's. It got me and a couple of the kids really good. I easily spent a good 24 hours in the bathroom, and only a small portion of that was spent napping by the heating vent on the floor. Not good. My littlest fellow threw up 21 times! That's got to be some kind of record. My #1 and #3 didn't even get the bug, but got sick from being tired and stressed from everyone else being sick. My poor hubby spent 2 nights on the couch looking after #4 and 5 while I tried to recuperate. He was happy to finally get back into bed, let me tell you!

I haven't been sick in 3 days, and I'm still weak. I was hoping to get to the gym this week, but it's not looking like that's going to happen. I've been itching to get a good workout in after eating all the holiday fare, but I've only been awake for a couple of hours and I already need a nap. At least the kids made it to school today. They were supposed to start back yesterday, but I didn't have the energy to track down all the bags, lunch kits, ski pants, mitts...you get the idea. The kids were still pretty worn out anyway, so it wasn't a big deal, and #4 went in the afternoon so it wasn't a complete bust. He wasn't one of the sick ones, so I didn't feel too bad about making him go. We put the munchkins to bed at 8 last night, and they had a great sleep, so I do hope they have some fun at school. Eldest is home schooled, so we're taking it easy this week. I don't think she minds too much.

On the writing front, I got a great idea for a new book while in the throes of illness. It's actually already something I had been thinking a lot about, but hadn't known how to approach, and the delirium gave me a fabulous idea for a sci-fi twist on it. I'm excited, but need to get this current WIP off before starting something shiny and new. I don't know how much I'll get done this week, but I've got big plans for the rest of the month, so starting next week I'll have to get my butt in gear. Ever pressing forward...

Besos...

No comments: